Sunday, December 9, 2012

What Happened Along the Way?

Amazing things happen when one sets out to focus on the Father's perspective on how to live a complete Kingdom life in the present.  I began the journey to bring a self study of Kingdom Principles to Business and discern something about Biblical Economics.  It continues to be obvious to me that although one says they are a believer in the Living King Jesus, the idea of His Sovereignty in business dealings more often than not, rarely reflected in how a business actually operates.

Based on the premise that I initiated in the opening blog posting, I have journeyed to find out who has approached these topics before and if they did so from the perspective of the First Principles of historic Biblical truth.  Well, it has been exactly three years since I did the first post and what I learned is amazing.  Absolutely for a fact Ecclesiastes 1:9 & 10 says it all very well, "
9. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
Our only problem is that we do not seek what has been said and remember those truths that God has fully and simply revealed in His Word and through those who searched the truths before us.

All of this being said, I have found one of the best studies on Biblical Economics that my several years of research has lead me through.  I highly recommend Dr. Gary North and his full series on this vast study of Biblical truths and how it relates to the core Principles that we business leaders need to evaluate and take to heart if - we desire to live Kingdom Principles in all we do.

Does God give insight as to how we should run our businesses?  You bet he does!  To the extent that the book I wrote "Life Lesson's Learned in Small and Medium Business" is being rewritten to include sections I learned from our Puritan Founders:
  • Foundational Biblical View of Business Ethics
  • Fair Wages - The Employee - trading personal property of work for an agreed wage
  • Responsibility of the Boss
  • Business Frugality
  • Rational use of Time and Resources
  • Systematic Accounting
  • Personal Responsibility - tied to Business Ethics
  • and a Future oriented View of the world.
I believe that there has been so much humanism and political correctness weaved into every organizational endeavor that those that have a Kingdom orientation are going to have to stand taller, speak louder and hold to Foundational Principles at all cost.  Oh... that's what happened... Counting the cost to hold to Principles?  But... but... I may lose my position in a fortune 500 company; I may lose a customer; I may not get that contract.. I may not... suffer the cost to stand on Kingdom Principles.

It is a possibility that this may not be a popular blog or the additional sections in the book will flop, but in this three year journey I have become determined that I will stand and fight for Kingdom Principles according to the Grace of God and be a person that will do what He has given us to do "Have Dominion".

I do hope that you will join me as we find out what else happened along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment